|Histoire résumée||As technics of thermal flights progressed the MSrE (Mûegyetemi Sportrepülõ Egyesület - Aero Club of the Technical University) decided in the middle of the '30s to build a high performance glider. At first the Rhönbussard was selected, nevertheless after a couple of parts had been built it was decided to design a new glider. Endre Jancsó and András Szokolay with the guidance of Ernõ Rubik designed a completely new glider incorporating the parts of the Rhönbussard already built.|
The first glider, named Turul, was purchased by the president of the Aero Club of Egypt who happened to be on a visit to Hungary. In 1938 Edward Mole, an English flight officer, performed 147 consecutive loops with the Turul in Egypt.
Altogether 20 gliders were built. The first 3 glider were constructed at the workshop of MSrE. In 1942-43 a series of 10 were built at Aero Ever Ltd., and 4 examples were built at the Aircraft Factory of Transylvania. The other M-22s were built at different workshops of different Aero Clubs.
The glider was fully aerobatic. In Hungary the first negative loop flown with a glider was performed with an M-22. In Hungary the first 300 km cross-country was flown with an M-22 as well. The longest distance flown with M-22 was 356 km (1942) and the greatest height gain was 3845 m (1942). The first Hungarian speed record of 100 km triangle - 33,4 km/h - was also achieved by an M-22 (1948).